Heat Exchanger Cleaning
Overview: Heat Exchanger Cleaning
Ultra high pressure water jetting is a highly effective, non-destructive method of cleaning heat exchangers and condenser tube bundles that have become blocked or fouled with scale or product. At RGL, we have a range of portable equipment to suit most requirements and are able to fabricate bespoke equipment for jobs outside the standard.
Our rotary, rigid and flexible UHP lancing systems enable us to remove blockages from blocked tubes as well as “polishing” dirty tubes. The system is capable of tackling vertical, horizontal, straight or U-bend bundles with tubes as small as 10mm in diameter.
The equipment we use is remotely operated and gives a safe, efficient and fast way to clean heat exchanger tubes and offers considerable cost and time savings when compared with manual methods.
RGL is fully conscious that shutting a heat exchanger down is an undesirable and expensive necessity which needs to be minimised. Therefore, we offer a fully flexible service which can operate 24 hours a day and seven days a week including public holidays if required. Our equipment can be set up quickly ready to begin work; shortening set up time and therefore reducing overall outage time.
Although most cleaning is undertaken in situ at a contractor’s premises, tube bundles may be removed to be cleaned at RGL’s premises. Either option is available on demand or as part of a regular maintenance schedule.
PLEASE CALL 02380 817 160 FOR A HEAT EXCHANGER CLEANING QUOTATION OR FILL OUT OUR ENQUIRY FORM
Fill out our enquiry form to get a quotation.
- Tube heat exchangers are fragile and expensive – high pressure water is a non-destructive cleaning method which won’t damage the wall of the tube.
- Cleans the heat exchanger tubes back to its original surface and restores both flow capacity and heat transfer to ensure optimum efficiency is regained.
- Our systems are pneumatically or hydraulically powered and thus are safe for use in hazardous atmospheres.
- They are remote controlled and enable the operator to stand at a safe distance thus reducing hazard of working in close proximity to high pressure water jets and removed.
- Waste by-products created by the cleaning process can be contained if required.
- Tube cleaning with UHP water jet avoids the risks associated with using toxic/dangerous chemicals such as caustic acid. This method is especially beneficial for tube cleaning in the food industry.