At RGL we have amassed a portfolio of demolition techniques using ultra high pressure water. These techniques offer a safe and effective alternative to more conventional methods such as jackhammers, oxyacetylene cutting or heavy equipment destruction processes.
Our range of services to the demolition industry includes but is not limited to:
- Hydrodemolition is a concrete removal technique which uses high pressure or ultra-high pressure water jets to cut and remove concrete from a structure. This process leaves steel reinforcement and/or structural embedments undamaged and ready for re-use if required.
- It is recognised by civil engineers, structural engineers and consultants as a safe, economic and vibration-free method of demolishing and removing unwanted concrete structures.
- Hydrodemolition is also used for separating dissimilar materials for recycling purposes. For example, blasting concrete from steel plate to permit the clean steel to be re-used or recycled.
- An abrasive water jet will cut any substance without heat or spark. It is ideal for cutting applications in hazardous atmospheres where there is a risk of fire or explosion.
- Abrasive water jet cold cutting is a safe and precise method for demolishing steel tanks and associated pipe work which can be deployed in a number of operating environments. RGL are often required to manufacture bespoke tooling to interface between the task and abrasive water jet technology.
- RGL’s abrasive water jet cutting system is remote controlled permitting the operator to remain a safe distance from the work face during cutting.