Health and Safety
As number one on our list of guiding principles, “keeping everyone safe” is a priority for RGL and we apply this to not only our employees but also all the other people we encounter in our business activities.
We are very aware that UHP water jetting can be hazardous if not properly and effectively managed and therefore we maintain a high level of vigilance to ensure we do everything in our power to mitigate the potential risks.
A core part of our health and safety philosophy is the development of processes and remote controlled equipment which reduce hazards whilst providing a safer and often more efficient alternative to traditional working methods.
RGL is certified to OHSAS 18001 for their occupational health and safety management system as well as being represented on the water jetting association technical committee as a platform for continuous safety improvement throughout the industry.
To minimise the potential risks of water jetting, we at RGL are committed to:
- Identifying hazards assessing their risks and implementing preventative measures. All our contracts have a risk assessment and method statement as a standard part of our process.
- All plant and machinery is subject to a Pre Delivery inspection to ensure that is is safe and fully functional prior to being dent to site.
- Establishing and enforcing safe methods of work
- Ensuring that our personnel have the skills, abilities and training to carry out their roles safely and effectively.
- We send a SSSTS qualified Team Leader to run every job we do.
- All RGL jetting staff are WJA,CSCS and/or CCNSG qualified as a minimum requirement before they work on site
- Promoting and communicating awareness of health and safety and of good practice.
- Encouraging all employees to proactively contribute towards minimising risks and thus helping to ensure a safe and healthy working environment.
|File type||File description||Download below:|
|OHSAS 18001: 2007 Certification||Download|