PIPELINE MAINTENANCE & CLEANING BRIEFING GUIDE
Briefing Guide: Pipeline Cleaning
Things to consider when deciding to choose water jetting for Pipeline Cleaning and maintenance.
- A good supply of potable water is required (Ideally a fire hydrant – for applications using water pressure up to 1000 bar we are able to use process grade water) 1.5 – 12 cubic meters per hour.
- Pipes ranging in diameter from 50mm ID to over 2000mm ID may be treated using this remote control system.
- Our Rotoream Pipeline cleaning equipment may be deployed into high level plants, avoiding the need to cut into or remove pipework.
- We have cleaned pipelines over 1km in length.
- We own all our own equipment
- A suitable area for laydown of plant (Van and trailer combination or truck options are typically 10m in length)
- A work area/ platform must be available at the open pipe end.
- Pipelines are usually isolated from the process plant they are connected to.
- Waste water containment/ filtration: RGL have our own system for handling this element of the work for you.
- Waste water disposal: Normally after filtration to remove majority of solids, the water is pumped to site drainage or effluent plant. If no effluent plant is available on site then a licenced liquid waste tanker service provider/ disposer will be engaged.
- Removed solids are normally collected in containers placed under the entry or exit point.
- These are normally moved to disposal point via forklift or crane.
- Productivity: Generally several times quicker than using conventional techniques. Sometimes water jets offer the only effective method of cleaning thus avoiding the costly replacement of the pipeline.
- Our Plant is diesel driven and as such requires a well-ventilated area in which to operate.
- Our diesel engine pump units are fitted with spark arrestor and chalwyn valve
- Our Plant should ideally be positioned adjacent to the work face. It may however be operated remotely over 100m from the work face under special circumstances.
Find out more about our Pipeline Maintenance and Cleaning services by calling one of our team on 023 8235 6492 today.