Briefing Guide: Drain and Sewer Descaling & Obstructions Removal
Briefing Guide: Drain and Sewer Descaling & Obstruction Removal
Things to consider when deciding to choose water jetting for Sewer and Drain Unblocking, Descaling and Obstruction removal service.
- A good supply of potable water is required (Ideally a fire hydrant – for applications using water pressure up to 1000 bar we are able to use process grade water) 1.5 – 12 cubic meters per hour.
- Size Range: Diameter from 100mm ID to over 2000mm ID may be treated using this remote control system.
- We are able to remove grout or concrete from steel or cast iron pipes with multiple bends.
- We are only sometimes successful at removing concrete from plastic pipes. If we are successful at clearing the blockage the pipe almost always requires re- lining.
- We have cleared obstructions in sewers over 200m meters in length
- We have cleared sewers which were entirely blocked with scale, without damaging the pipe material.
- We own all our own equipment
- A suitable area for laydown of plant (Van and trailer combination or truck options are typically 10m in length)
- For best results; we prefer sewage flows are diverted or over pumped.
- Waste water disposal: Normally after filtration to remove majority of solids, the water is pumped to downstream side for disposal.
- Productivity: Sometimes water jets offer the only effective method of cleaning thus avoiding the costly replacement of drain or sewer.
- Removed solids are normally collected recovered from manholes using our powerful vacuum equipment and placed into containers/skips. These are normally moved to disposal point via forklift or crane.
- Our Plant is diesel driven and as such requires a well-ventilated area in which to operate.
- Our diesel engine pump units are fitted with spark arrestor and chalwyn valve, suitable for use in Oil Refinery or other installations where volatile atmosphere may exist.
- Our Plant should ideally be positioned adjacent to the work face. It may however be operated remotely over 100m from the work face under special circumstances.
Get in touch today on 023 8235 6492 to find out more about our Drain and Sewer Unblocking Service