Briefing Guide On The Abrasive Water Jet Cutting Process
Briefing Guide: Cold Cutting by Abrasive Water Jet
Things to consider when deciding if the High Pressure Abrasive Water Jet Cold Cutting process is suitable for your chosen applications:
- We use IRO 40 kg of abrasive per hour of cutting.
- We require IRO 25 liters of water per minute.
- Water supply must be potable quality.
- Most of our pumps are diesel driven and use IRO 200 liters of fuel per day.
- We can cut most materials. Generally the thicker the material the longer it takes (see resource centre for separate download – RGL UHP Abrasive Water Jet Cutting Speeds)
- Consider requirement for sacrificial material for jet to impinge once it has penetrated the material being cut.
- Consider erecting a work enclosure at the workface. This will contain any water spray and acoustic mats can be added if required to keep noise within site limits.
- Noise level at the jet is IRO 100dB
- Consider how the item being cut may be supported to prevent movement during cutting.
- Consider how the cut section of pipe/plate etc may be lifted out once cut.
- For best results our operator requires a clear line of site to the jet whilst standing at a safe distance (5-10m)
Get in touch today on 02380 817160 to find out more about our water jet services.