Concrete Scabbling with UHP Water Jetting Brochure
With over 35 years’ experience, RGL are the experts in providing concrete scabbling and surface preparation.
We provide a unique combination of specialist skills, technical knowledge and excellent working practices. Offering turnkey solutions and ensuring each stage of the process is carefully managed.
This end-to-end capability provides our customers with major advantages in project planning/cost control and quality management. We will strive to meet all quality , safety and environmental requirements whilst ensuring we complete on time and within budget.
The Advantages of working with RGL
- Simple procurement
- Industry leading technology
- Total project management for the complete process
- Adherence to Institute of Corrosion, WJA and CRA guidelines
- High level technical know-how and expertise
- Highly competent, multi-disciplined qualified crews
Water jets for Scabbling
Concrete scabbling is used to expose the aggregate, creating a roughened surface on the concrete on which further concrete may be applied.
No percussive vibration is caused by water jetting. This means no micro cracks are created and there are zero HAVS issues for operators. A surface prepared by water jet is dust free, chemically clean and free from micro cracks which can cause premature bond failure.
RGL offer both handheld and robotic concrete scabbling, at over 2800 bar. We are able to create a scabbled concrete finish to various profiles. We can also remove coatings and dress concrete back to a specified level if required.
The roughness of the scabbled finish can be varied by adjusting nozzle rotation speed and standoff distance. The robotic semi automatic unit gives excellent control and a consistent finish.
Concrete scabbling by hand held lance is fairly quick to set up and quicker for smaller surface areas and harder to reach places. The operator can control the standoff so they can be reactive to uneven surfaces and varying material hardness.
Concrete scabbling by hand-held lance is fairly quick to set up for smaller surface areas and harder to reach places. A skilled operator can control the stand off distance and be reactive to uneven surfaces and varying material hardness.
Key Benefits of Handheld Surface Preparation
- Vibration free method (no micro cracking of Substrate)
- Chemically clean surface
- No HAVS for operators
- No waste abrasive media
Robotic Scabbling with Vacuum Recovery of Water
Robotic concrete scabbling is used for large surface areas. The robotic semi-automatic unit gives excellent control and a consistent finish.
The operator is able to maintain very close control of nozzle stand-off distance and traverse speed, delivering scope for varying levels of roughness to the scabbled finish.
With robotic concrete scabbling our Limpet blast heads are used with vaccuum recovery. As a surface is prepared the system simultaneously recovers the waste and water. This is an advantage with regards to environmental control and where water spray is an issue, such as when working in public spaces. Noise is also vastly reduced as the water jets are contained under a shroud. A brush skirt helps to further control water spray and allows the system to cope with uneven surfaces
Key Benefits of Robotic Scabbling
- Most suitable for larger areas
- 3 x faster than the handheld lance method
- Remote controlled robotic application
- Operators stand away from away from the equipment which avoids the hazards associated with water jetting.
- No requirement for a full encapsulation vastly reduces cost
- Reduced noise pollution
- A consistent, uniformed finish
- Controlled management of waste
RGL Emergency Solutions
Although there are hazards associated with water jetting, you can rest assured that RGL mitigates these to ensure the safety of our crews and others who may be affected by our operation. We comply with the Water Jetting Association Safety Code of Practice and always prepare detailed task specific methodology.
RGL are accredited under quality standard ISO 9001, health and safety standard ISO 45001 and environmental standard ISI 14001.
Comparison of UHP Water Jetting, Abrasive Blasting and Percussive Tools for Concrete Surface Preparation
In summary, we will do our utmost to deliver complete satisfaction to you by:
- Responding quickly to your enquiries
- Working with you to fully understand your requirements
- Providing you with the benefit of our experience
- Preparing detailed site safety, quality and environmental plans, including method statements and risk assessments providing competitive quotations
- Delivering on what we promise for project start and duration
- Deploying experienced crews and proven, correctly maintained equipment
- Working within site safety rules and regulations
- Managing the project environment including waste water treatment and filtration
- Managing each project through to completion
- COSHH Assessment and measures to avoid adverse environmental impact
“What we say ….we do”
Paultons Park, Ower,
Romsey, Hampshire SO51 6AL U.K.
London – T: +44 (0)203 102 6840
RGL Company Registration Number: 01788078