Health and Safety
We are acutely aware that our various types of UHP water jetting service carry high hazards. Unless these are properly, effectively and continuously managed, incidents will occur.
A core part of our health and safety policy is the development of automated processes. These reduce hazards and therefore risk, whilst providing a safer alternative to traditional methods.
RGL is accredited to ISO 18001 for occupational health and safety management systems.
Beyond this key accreditation our policy is to fully comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 and the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007 and any legislation which applies to our work operations. We are committed to pursuing continuing improvements through annual reviews to ensure our safety policy reflects changing needs and circumstances.
We discharge our responsibilities and duties by:
- Identifying hazards in the workplace, assessing their risks and implementing preventative measures;
- Providing and maintaining safe plant and work equipment;
- Establishing and enforcing safe methods of work
- Recruiting personnel who have the skills, abilities and competence commensurate with their role
- Ensuring that tasks given to employees are within their skills, knowledge and ability to perform
- Ensuring that technical competence is maintained through the provision of refresher training.
- Promoting and communicating awareness of health and safety and of good practice.
- Ensuring all personnel to have undertaken Site Safety Passport programme (CSCS, CCNSG or equivalent Training)
- Ensuring that RGL furnish written confirmation to the project supervisor that all personnel have valid and relevant registration cards prior to commencement of the contract.
All employees on their part are encouraged to contribute actively towards achieving a work environment, which is free of accidents and ill health.
Further information on our health and safety accreditation and policies is available on request.
|File type||File description||Download below:|